Recommendations for 9 –a- side games
- Pitch size should be between 44 and 50 yards wide, and between 60 and 70 yards long.
- A centre spot.
- A penalty area 12 yards long and 30 yards wide.
- A penalty spot 10 yards from the goal line.
- The goal shall be 6ft high and 16ft wide.
- Size 4 ball.
- 25 minutes each half with a 5 minute interval.
- A panel of 16 players with 9 players at any one time.
- Roll on roll off substitution.
- All players must play. No player to play entire match (except for goalkeepers)
- No offside rule.
- Goal kicks from anywhere inside penalty area.
- All free kicks are Direct free kicks. Opponent must be 6 yards away from the ball.
- Throw-ins to be thrown in (not kicked in).
If clubs are unable to field a 9 a side team they can play 7 a side with the same rules.